Saturday, October 25, 2008

AC Transit why am I putting myself through this horror...

Okay so this has to be a classic AC Transit moment in history. Picture this its a nice warm afternoon (in Oakland Cali, for my out of townees) I've just walk a slight incline from work to go to the bus stop. (Check out my first blog post about AC Transit) . I get to the stop and say hello to all my other fellow bus riders on their way home. I figure I have about a good 10 minutes to scarf down my little salad before getting on the bus ( having a part time job and no time to eat is not cool) . I am eating enjoying the downtime when we hear a crash. I thought oh someone ran over a bottle, and shook it off.. then the bus pulls up and I proceed to get prepare to board... umm no girlfriend no boarding at this moment !! why you might ask well the bus driver for my line clip the other bus while racing to the stop and knock the entire side mirror off.

I was like WTF !!! Are you serious, this is not happening, aww damn it that means we will have to wait. For those of you not familiar with public transportation, anytime AC Transit is in an accident or if they have caused one, then they will have to wait for a supervisory to come and okay the damage. That wasn't what pissed me off , it was the fact that the driver saw us standing there, and she didn't say a dang gone word. She didn't say oh we will have to wait or my supervisor is on the way nothing yall.

I was pissed and I asked her so " what the dilly" are we waiting is another bus coming, she then replied oh yeah they are on there way. I was like geez give us some respect and say something lady don't act like it didn't happen. What made it worse was that I then had to wait like 20 extra minutes to just leave my job, and then catch another bus to get home. Sometimes I wonder is it worth it to catch public transportation or should I just drive and save myself the grief !!! I don't know but stay tuned for the lovely tales of AC Transit.

No comments: